CALL 24-Hour Helpline: (410) 997-2272
- This event has passed.
Yoga Salutes NonViolence
March 21 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Yoga Salutes NonViolence (YSNV)
Celebrates 13 Years!
Join us on Saturday, March 14 for Yoga Salutes NonViolence, a charity event to raise awareness and support for survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Students and practitioners gather together to participate in 108 Sun Salutations (or as many as they can). The participants, teachers, and students are sponsored by family and friends. Whether you’re a new student, a regular practitioner, or a teacher, you have what it takes to help! All funds raised directly support survivors.
Want to practice your sun salutations? Click here!
There are many ways to support this special cause:
- Create a personal fundraising page and invite your friends and family to support you in your mission! Click here to set up your page.
- Donate online, or click here for the Offline Donation Form to donate by mail.
- Donate an in-kind item. Click here to download the In-kind Donation Form.
Give the gift of $108! It has an incredible impact. It provides…
- One night stay for a family of 4 in our emergency shelter,
- 4 Counseling sessions,
- 1 night in a hotel when our emergency shelter is full, or
- In-person hospital advocate response in the middle of the night.
About Yoga Salutes NonViolence
Each year we honor the memory of Cheryl Catranbone, a vibrant woman who lived a life of purpose and passion. From early on, Cheryl knew there was more to life than what we see on the surface. With Cheryl’s practice of peace and love, she served the greater community and created Yoga Salutes NonViolence. Yoga at its core encourages nonviolence, compassionate action, and service to those in need. It is in her loving memory that we continue her work.
To download the event flier, click here.